Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Favorite Things

Since this blog is new, I'll be trying to share some things about myself and our home. I enjoy discovering all the creative ideas posted on so many blogs. When bloggers share the creativity of their home decor, cooking, gardens or collections, it inspires me to be more creative in my own life. So now I'll be courageous and share some of my "favorite things". I'll try to share one each week.

An art pottery tile done in the raku fired style


I love this tile for it's dreamlike quality. It reminds me of an illustration from a children's book from the early 1900's or 1920's. It's hard to see the true colors on the computer. The background is a matte finish sort of charcoal color and the trees are various muted shades of green and blue. The glaze on the details is done with a special process that causes the colored glaze to "crackle" under the clear glaze. This is a Japanese pottery technique.

My dear husband gave this to me for Christmas this year. It hangs in our living room. Every time I look at it I imagine strolling through this magical woodland under the light of a full moon. When I look at it, I smile.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. That tile is beautiful! What a sweet husband to give that to you :)

    ReplyDelete